It's been YEARS...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayaa2311

Reaction score
Since I had a little bunny, At what age is it okay to give fruits, and veggies without upsetting their stomachs?

Buddy is 3 months old, and he can now handle Carrots without the "runs".

I'm going to look for threads on the neutering before I ask questions...

Carrots are a treat, not regular food for even adult pet rabbits. They have too much sugar. They, like fruit, should be avoided by babies. People don't agree on the age to introduce greens, but if you've been giving carrot greens with the carrots, you might continue with a little of that. If not, try a little parsley or romaine, but just a little bit & keep checking the pebbles to make sure they stay normal.

Yeah I don't give him that much of it just because of the fact I don't want him to get the "runs" again. He gets excited when he sees the bag. I have 3 sugar gliders and they eat carrots and other things daily so when Buddy sees the bag he goes nuts for one. lol

I haven't given him any greens yet because I don't want to make him sick. So i've been waiting till he has gotten a little bigger. I'll go out and get some romaine though, the gliders need some anyway lol

Okay, I will hold off till then. Thank you. My last rabbit Samir I don't think ever had veggies or fruit because whenever I would give him a little bit he got sick. I am not sure if that was because of that, Because when he was abandoned at the shelters back door he had a herniated bladder, or because of his Wry neck.

Latest posts

Back