It's been long enough *pics*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustNotBuyMore

Owner of 32 happy rabbits
Reaction score
I figured it had been long enough since I joined, and that I needed to introduce myself!

My name is Grace. I have raised rabbits for a couple years now and have been studying them for longer than that. They are my passion, really, and although I know that sounds funny... well, it is kinda funny. lol

My first two rabbits were named Holly and Tom. I got them in 2012. They were purebred, pedigreed French Lops. They were already adults and ready to breed. Well, Tom was, but Holly needed a few months more before she was sexually mature. I waited and waited for these 14 pound rabbits to mature enough... and when they were ready, I bred them.

My intent was not to have pet rabbits, and it still isn't. The pair lived in the shop in huge cages and were loved on very often. I would sit in the cages and snuggle with them... I was so happy!

I read and read and read until I almost went blind. LOL

I think I learned in a month what is normal for someone to learn in 7 months! It was insane. That's what drew me into raising rabbits and thank goodness it did.

Then day 31 for Holly came and went. I was so frantic that she wasn't pregnant or she had stuck kits or something. She had a whole room to herself and was nest building in her cage, so I thought that meant she was pregnant. But she was basically telling me she wasn't.

Day 32... day 33..

And then I wake up to "Holly has dead babies all over the floor".

NOOOOOOOOO!

I went in her rabbit room... and sure enough, she had a stuck kit so they all got backed up. I tried to resusitate the babies with no luck. There were 3 lifeless babies. I was so angry with myself... and the fact that this was my first eperience made it even worse. Complete failure. I had been waiting and waiting... so excited... and I let that happen.

Then I turned around the corner... and guess what? There was a nest with fur, wiggling! I opened it up after taking care of the dead ones, and there were 3 little wigglers all in a row. :) I was so happy! I must've spent forever with those little guys!

Unfortunately, it was Winter, and although she had tons of fur... one of them crawled out and froze to death.

But the two that were left, they got so fat and happy! I felt so blessed to have them.

Anyway, that's what started it all, and now I have 32 healthy, happy rabbits. 26 of them are babies. I'm getting 4-5 more in 2 months!:hyper:

Here are some pictures, I think I probably have like two thousand on here!

P.S. I might sound strict, rude, or mean sometimes... but trust me, I really am a nice person! I just sound strict when I write things. I will say that I look at things way differently than most of you guys, since I'm not looking at my rabbits as house pets. ;)

Mom's phone bunnies 072.jpg

Mom's phone bunnies 336.jpg

Mom's phone bunnies 327.jpg

Gray bunny angry face.png

Tom.jpg

rabbit cotton and babies 022.jpg

christy's babies and meghan's baby rabbit 063.jpg

christy's babies and meghan's baby rabbit 088.jpg

Agh, I can't get over how that big one you're hugging is a massive version of my minilop Roseybun, permanent mildly-concerned face and all! Can't wait for more giant minilop pics :)

I mean french lop of course.

(But I REALLY mean giant minilop.)

Latest posts

Back