Its been a while.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haleyxoxo

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't know if anyone remembers me and Leo. But I was having a little problem and I figured you guys could help.

Leo has been nipping a lot. He hops up on me and nips at me. He's not scared of me, because he hops all over me and stuff but he still nips. He doesn't bite really hard but it makes me nervous. Any tips on how to get him to stop.

I know he feels comfortable abound me because he licks the blankets i'm under and lets me clip his nails and hold him but the nipping has got to stop.

He's almost 2 years old now he should have grown out of that by now.

I haven't got him fixed yet because vets around here don't do it. I would have to drive about 3-4 hours to do so.

Help me if you can

Maybe he is nipping to get attention. My rabbit used to do that more and still does it to my kids and my husband. I've tried a few different things with him. A loud no and I move away and turn my back and ignore him for a few minutes. I've also heard that holding their head down gently so that they can't move is a way to show them that you are dominant and they can't do that. The first trick seems to work for me. I have also gotten pretty good at reading him so I know that if he's hopping around my legs giving me nose bumps that if I don't pet him, I may get nipped next. Basically he has me trained when to pet him so I'm not really sure who's boss. :)

Is he nipping bare skin? Or clothing? One of mine will go for fabric, but she doesn't seem to realize that there is skin under it.

Have you tried a high pitched yelp when he does it? He may be doing it in a friendly way and not realizing that you really don't like it.

He nips through my clothing. Bu t it seems to be in the same spot. Its my left shoulder. He doesn't seem to really want my attention, Cause he does it even when I am paying attention to him. He hops up to my shoulder or if I'm laying down he hops over to me and nips at my shoulder. I'm trying to tell him no to see if that works. i will let you guys know how it goes.

He likes me okay, but it has really taken a long time for him to bond with me. He was really skittish for a long time. he doesn't really like to play or be pet too much, but i think that is just him. I've been thinking about getting another rabbit to bond him with so that way he always has a friend around. But I know I need to get him fixed first.

I think when I get back from vacation here soon Rob and I are gonna go to lexington to take him to the vet and get him checked out and see how much it would be to get him fixed.

Latest posts

Back