It's been a LONG time... help me remember how to litter train a baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
Smudge is here and he is lovely. He is settling in nicely. He is quite comfortable in his new home and let me pet him for a while today and took a few pellets from my boyfriend's hand.

We have him in an XL large dog crate with his litter box, toys, food, etc. We will be adding a second level sometime this week. He was very scared on the slippery dog crate surface so we have added fleece over puppy pads which is all clipped down by 10 binder clips.

I know he is only a baby (7 weeks) and he is still adjusting to his new home, but I want to make sure that I am setting him up for success with litter training. I have noticed that he doesn't like going in the corner I have his box in, he has peed three times in a different corner so I moved his box there. He has a hay rack above the box and a bit of hay in the littler box as well. Is there anything else I need to be doing?

He will be neutered when he turns 4 months old in December.

Sounds like you're doing it right. :)

If/when he pees outside his box, wipe it up with a tissue/paper towel and put it into the box, then clean the area where he peed with a vinegar/water solution to remove his smell from that area.

He should figure it out pretty quick. ;)

Hope that helps!

Rue

Latest posts

Back