It WAS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Fen's poor little nose was so bad yesterday andthe day before--all red, wet and swollen, and he just kept scratchingit. It's been a chronic seasonal problem for him for the past 2 yrs.,and I suspected pasteurella, although it didn't quite add up.

Everything else (appetite, condition, activity) was just fine, so I'vebeen really tracking when it's bad to see if I can figure out whatcauses it. I tried taking thestraw out of his box and saw areally dramatic improvement for about 2 weeks--until it got hot and dryand the grasses started blooming. Yesterday it was all swollen, itchy,and runny again--we've had a really dry week.

Well, it rained last night and this morning the boy's nose is MUCH better and he's not scratching!

Looks like it was hay fever after all, poor lad. He'll probably getworse again when it dries out outside but at least I know it's notlife-threatening. It's more annoying for him than anything--he stilllikes to bounce around and looks healthy except for his poor nose.

My nose is itchy too, so it must be the time of year!

Rose

I don't know what a vet could do, he's so tinyand sensitive to EVERYTHING I'd be afraid of the local vets makinganother major mistake. Kind of between a rock and a hard place!

And he looks wonderful otherwise!

Rose

Guess what....it rained this morning, has been humid all day,and Fenwick's nose looks almost completely better!!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

Rose

How weird a bunny having hay fever! Mind you Ihad a pony that had hayfever one year, she had it quite badlyand had breathing problems and had to have a nebuliser for awhile. She only got it that one year must have been some sortof weird pollen that year.

I have heard a lot of people who suffer from hayfever say that it isimproved after it rains must be the same for bunnies. Hope Fen getsbetter soon.

Sue, Crunchie & Benjy

Latest posts

Back