it was so hard

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenlittle586

Reaction score
Well, yesterday i did the hardest thing i've ever had to do in my life. I gave one of my buns to a neighbor. Yes i did "interview" her and make sure she knows everything she needs to know. She even had 3 buns before the one i gave to her. I have so much going on in my life right now that i don't have the time for ALLof my buns anymore and i felt horrible knowing that she would not be able to have the life she deserves if she stayed with me. It was so hard. I put her in the neighbors arms and she took right to her, so i knew that was a good thing. Just seeing her walk away with my bun though was so heart breaking. I ran inside my house and balled my eyes out. It was like my heart was getting ripped out and ripped in to a million pieces. I'm just happy she will have the life she deserves now though. I want what's best for my buns. I really do miss her tons though :(

Aww, I'm sorry. It's always good to put their best interests at heart, but sometimes it can be near impossible for us to actually do.

Are you still able to go and visit her if you'd like?

I feel your pain.

We currently have a cat that does not get along with any of the other 9 cats (though she ADORES the 3 bunnies). We brought her here over a year ago...rescued her from life on the streets...with the intention of finding her another forever home. But everyone we knew who said they might take her changed their minds in spite of the factthat she would be a wonderful only-cat. So she continues to live here. And we love her. Every time I think that we should find a place where she can have the life she would prefer (instead of living separated from the other animals...and us, much of the time), I get sad. She's so sweet and has become so much a part of us.

So, I do admire you for doing what you had to do for your bunny. And missycove is right, is a visit something you can do? At least you would know that she is well and happy. If we ever find a new home for Nora the cat I would at least want to know that I could see her from time to time. Whether or not I'd do it is another matter. But at least that option is comforting.

Yes i'll be able to see her every so often. The neighbor goes for walks often and sometimes goes by my house. She said she'll stop in and have a "bunny visit". I'm glad i'll at least get to see her once in a while. As long as i know she's happy though, that's all that matters to me. Thanks for all your responses!

Latest posts

Back