It rains, it pours

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pla725

Reaction score
I was checking the bun kids this morning before I headed off to work. I noticed that Ruby had a lump on her jaw. Great just what we both needed. I examined it when I got home and it appears to be an abscess. It is hard and red and looks like a scab on it. I made an appointment with the vet for tomorrow morning.

After losing Goobie last week to natural causes or whatever I can't stand the thought of losing another. I am not sure how long Ruby has had this. She also has head tilt from nerve damage due to an ear infection. She is a sweetie.

From now on everyone gets checked at least twice a month.

I will keep everyone updated.

Dr. Duggan picked up Ruby and will do a dental exam and clean out the abscess. I also left Bono her companion rabbit with her to give her comfort. Hopefully she won't need any tooth extractions.

Ruby is home. The abscess is healing. Dr. Duggan feels that it developed from a bite wound not a dental issue. I'm guessing the wound came from either Bono her mate or Maddie the nosy neighbor bun. She is on metacam, Baytril and silvedene creme. I know Baytril isn't popular but the wound didn't look that bad. Ruby and Bono are resting and glad to be home.

Latest posts

Back