it is so hard to catch her!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippity18

Reaction score
:? so my little butt head is starting to run away from me when i go to put her to bed for the night. i chase her sometimes for hours!!! what can i do about this? shes never done it before til just recently? is it because shes having too much fun? or maybe shes scared of me? i have no idea why she would be scared i treat her like a freaking queen!! im just so frustrated!!

Weiser would do this to me, and Pipper is starting to, as well. I think Pip started to realize that after a long day out followed by me getting up and walking towards her, she put two and two together and realized, "uh oh, cage time." You have to learn to fool them! So what I do (and it worked for both Weiser and Pipper) is when it's time for Pip to be put up, I sit down on the ground and entice her with either a shake of her food bowl, a kissy noice, or I talk in one of those goofy excited noises that people do with their babies. Then I gently lean down and pick her up. Works for her!

bribery usually helps for me, all i have to do is shake the yogies container and miss willow fatbottom will come running at the speed of sound. works every time lol

I sit in front of the cage with a bunch of herbs and a few canberries and call/sing Bunnnie Buuunie Bunnie for which my entire family make fun of me.

I always feed dinner when I'm going to bed and need the bunnies to go back to their cage. They almost always go back on their own. One is afraid of the hardwood floors, but has learned that if he jumps into a box we'll pick it up and take him back to his cage. The more I chase or try to herd them the more upset and frustrated they get - I think it's always best to make the bunny think it's their idea to go back to the cage, rather than chasing them around.

I give Natasha a snack at bedtime - usually a few broccoli florets, which she loves. It's gotten to the point where I just have to say "bedtime", and she gets excited and runs into her cage.

[align=center]I give my bunnies their veggies at night so I just say "Go on!" and they run into their cages for the night because they know they're getting dinner! =)

Definitely do positive reinforcement!! Chessie loves going to bed now because it means minutes of one-on-one cuddle time first. She races ahead of me to her den and does air flips and jumps. If it takes food treats, do that too!

you would run and hide too if a giant chased your around with the intent of putting you in jail lol. I have no issue getting my rabbits to their cages at night because I feed them at bedtime..they race to their cages as fast as they can the sencond they hear the dinner plate(pie plates, they crackle), and should I need to pick them up, that is no an issue either, because they know they are getting dinner so they are happy to be picked up.

Latest posts

Back