Is your bunny completely tame?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sven

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So I was wondering if everyone's bunny is completely tame? Will it come to you when you call it, does it run away from you and stuff like that? I would consider my bunny half tame ? but he will definitely not come to you when you call him and I cant really approach him to pet him. He will run. Now I dont know if thats because he knows I'll pick him up and I heard rabbits dont like to be picked up.
However I noticed if I'm down on the floor , especially if I'm laying down he will come to me.
So I was just wondering how other rabbits behave?

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

My rabbits come running up to me when I come into there bunny rooms. I found that the more I tried to pick up my rabbits the more they would stay away from me. Perhaps you can try to not pick it up some much. It definitely helped me. My second rabbit was shy compared to my first one it took one. So your bun's personality may be of a shy type. Just spend more floor time with them without picking them up. Good luck!

No. Ive gad him since April

Some of ours will come when called and some will come to us on their own terms. All of ours are rescues so they didn't get the best start in life but most have come around to be really great companions. We do expect them to behave like bunnies, not dogs, so there-in lies the difference. They have all gotten used to being handled and some even like being held, but in the final analysis, rabbits don't really like being picked up because it mimics predator behavior. Patience and bribery work wonders.

Jovi is very tame. She does come when we call, sometimes so fast it makes us think she's charging LOL but she stops short and puts her head down for loves. She doesn't really like being picked up, but lately she's OK with it and really still for us because it usually means she's going outside to play. She follows us around the house. She's an only bun, so she's imprinted on her slaves. She's still a mischievious little stinker though, but we love her madly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

I think it really depends on the rabbit. My boy Charlie (may be rest in peace) I got as a baby so he bonded to me so would come when I called and let me cuddle him. My girl Tabs I adopted earlier this year generally runs from me. She has started letting me pat her but it's definitely a work in progress. I think you just need to patient until your buns get familiar with you and build that trust.

All rabbits are different my boy Tux will come when called but won't stick around if you don't have treats. He sometimes tolerates being picked up, is pretty good for pets and if you lay him on his back. Not a biter at all.

My latest rescue Dix comes when called, loves pets and is really good when picked up, but don't try putting her on her back for nail trims. She does fine if I just hold her close and pull the foot out I need. She's also not a biter unless she gets over excited for a piece banana in your hand.

You can tame the kits they born after they grow because they will get use to you from the second they are born.
The farmer I bought from him the rabbits can call his rabbits to come to him.

My bunny is OK. I'll get her out and pet her but she has these spirts where she'll aggressively attack me! I don't know why! She has tried to bite me but it never works for her because I move to soon! What do I do? I Can't get her spayed because I use her for breeding! She is a great mother but to me she isn't nice.

I used to get scared of my white big male rabbit, I come to it, it seems that its going to attack me, and I pull my hand fast, untill one day, I said, let it bite me I don't care(was a bad day lol) so as always it was so aggrisvie and I did not react, so its just touched my hand, smelled it, and went lol,.

Back