Is water based paint safe for bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitAsh

Reaction score
So I'm painting my room with a water based paint. The fumes are strong but there's no toxins in it since it's water based I think. Will my bunny be okay breathing it in?

Thank you.

If you can keep a window/door open, then it should be OK. Watch your bunnies behaviour and if behaviour is strange or a bit off then you know that he/she doesn't like it or has difficulty breathing in it.

If you can keep a window/door open, then it should be OK. Watch your bunnies behaviour and if behaviour is strange or a bit off then you know that he/she doesn't like it or has difficulty breathing in it.

Okay, thank you so much!

It might be ok but... If it were my bunny I would move to another room. Rabbits are a lot smaller than us. So I think fumes might be worse for them then it is for us. You know how minors used to put a canary in the coal mine- so that if the canary dropped dead they knew to get out? That's because the smaller the animal is the quicker it over whelms them. I wouldn't have any of my animals in a freshly painted room.

Latest posts

Back