Is wagg bad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj82

Reaction score
I wondered if u should stop feeding wagg to bobbie. He gets Timothy hay and veggies but his dry food is wagg. I heard muesli mix is bad and pellets are better. What is the best food? Thank you x x

I wouldn't feed it.
The pellet portion of their diet should be just that... Just Pellets.
Wagg looks like it has a lot of junk in it. Low fiber as well.
If you have an adult house rabbit, try looking for a Timothy based pellet (Just pellets no mixed whole grains). With a protein of 14% or lower, and calcium under 1%.

Super I will do that. He is about 4 months old so don't know if that means he is a baby or not. X

6 months is usually the Baby/adult line for normal sized bunnies (ie not a Flemmie or other large breed)
Younger then 6 months an alfalfa based pellet or hay gives them a bit extra protein/calcium to grow. But those are things adult house bunnies should avoid.

All in one pellets are generally better because the rabbit can't selectively feed the bits it wants to eat, but also I think to a degree the muesli mixes are created to look nice to us- all different coloured pieces of stuff so we think that's a nice looking variety mix. Some of those bits, when looked at closely, aren't nutritionally great for rabbits, like maize kernels and bits of sugary fruit.

I used to use Burgess Suparabbit but my previous bunny Oren used to get tummy troubles from it (I've heard of this happening occasionally in some rabbits, I think someone said it had a higher sugar content? Not sure...) so now mine are on Science Selective instead and he never had a problem on that.

Used to feed mine Wagg when it was the only thing I could get hold of easily and I would not feed them it now as muesli type food is not recommended for our bunnies. I was feeding them Burgess Lifelong which they´ve now discontinued and which they really like so have just ordered Excel Adult Tasty Nuggets which has I don´t think they´ll stop making and it has really good feedback from users.

Ok I will take a look at burgess and see of he goes for that one.

Latest posts

Back