Is three really a crowd?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northerndancer

Reaction score
Hiya

I'd be keen to hear if anyone has any experience bonding a third rabbit to an already bonded pair.

I am not about to rush in to anything but we are moving house sometime this year and once we have more space I'd love to get another bunny. Or to foster bunnies.

I have 2 bonded lops, both free rein in the house 24 hours aday.One is neutered male ( 1.5 yrs very docile and sweet) and a neutered female (2.5 years, grumpy, greedy and bossy!). If anyone has a bonded three I'd love to hear how and what combination would be best. I see all these unwanted bunnies on the rescue sites and just want to help even one!

ND

I'm in the process of introducing a 3rd one into the mix....a female with 2 males... It's going fine other than they constantly hump her and she gets fed up and hides. The boys are going in Monday for their surgery so I'm figuring after that it'll get better. If they can stop doing that then they groom each other and do fine! ;)

I had a bonded pair of girl lops and recently introduced a neutered male that I rescued last month. We haven't had any aggressive behavior, but my dominant female, Snuggles, is not real happy about it. They are still getting to know each other, but I think she will adjust.

Keep in mind that it may take months to bond and it's possible they may never bond. It depends on the bunnies. Whatever the case, you'll have better luck if all the buns are spayed or neutered.

Laura

Hi Northerndancer

I have 3 bonded girls.

My orignal 2 I had about 2 yrs before I introduced another bun. She is about 8-9 mths.

It took about 2mnths for all 3 to bond, but it is well worth the wait.

If you are seriously considering it, it will be hard work and alot of patience.

It is so lovely seeing all of my 3 laying down together or winding each other up.

They still have their moments picking on the little one, but not that often.

I hope I have been able to help you out some what.

Zee :D

Thanks all for your replies...

There is hope for another bunny then! Yay! Probably it'll be a fewmonths till I can get organised but I'll adopt rather than buy from thepetshop this time.

Cheers to you all

ND

I have three rabbits that are all happilybonded, two buck and a doe. All three are fixed at this point, which isvital for a successful bond.

Abby and Chompers were the original bonded pair, with Valuran being thelast one to enter the group. My doe Abby was the one I had to work withto accept the third rabbit into the group, but it happened and onlytook two weeks.

In the Top Picks stickied thread at the top of the first page, there isa very good link for bonding more than one pair of rabbits. Followitexactly as it states and you should be able to havethree happy bunnies. All of my rabbits share a cage, which makes life alot easier for my husband and I.

Latest posts

Back