Is this what you are all using ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! Would I need one or two complete units?

How big of a cage do you want to build?
A 2X3X2 grid cage requires 20 for the frame and 6 for the top, if you want a level that is a few extra.
2X4X2 is 24 for the frame and 8 for the top.

A 3 cube set has 13 grids, a 4 cube set has 16 or 17, a 6 cube set has 23. So you would need 2 sets and would have extra if you wanted to build a bigger cage, levels or to bunny proof.

I got ours from Kmart also. From the looks of Amazon they are about the same price, but I don't know if that includes shipping or not. We started with 2 boxes "just in case" and ended up using one or two panels from the second box. We did a 4Lx2W set up for both buns.

We've morphed our enclosures over time though. Check out the link under my avatar for pictures of our setups :)

If you decide to use zip ties rather than the round connectors, save the connectors! My Gubble likes to have them in his toy box for flipping and throwing around :p

Very nice, thanks. Curious, why do I see people mixing hay and litter box in one spot? Wouldn't that confuse them to not want to 'go' there because they eat there?

Elliot wrote:
Very nice, thanks. Curious, why do I see people mixing hay and litter box in one spot? Wouldn't that confuse them to not want to 'go' there because they eat there?

Some bunnies poo while they eat. My bunnies all have their hay in the litter box and have picked a corner to go pee at. They also like to lounge in it and eat hay as well. Some people use hay racks as well. But I've been able to litter train all my bunnies by doing the "hay in the litter box".

K:)

Very interesting! Kate, your bunnies jump hurdles?:rabbithop

That is awesome Kate, I looked at the pics.
Another question~Has anyone made one of these that is completely enclosed on top?
I found this site, which looks like the same thing with some wood added, though it is smaller than what I would like to do.http://www.bunniesrus.com/rabbit-cages/
I have been rolling around the best location for Elliot, and the tile of my birdroom seems like a good spot. But I have two parrots loose in there in the daytime, and one in particular might get nosy. So I would like to put a roof on it.

The cages I have now don't have tops. They are pretty tall and the rabbits don't try to get out from the top level. I have had cages that did have a top though.

I use zip ties for the cages. How to do it does depend on your plan, but basically just zip tie the grid on the top and to each other. I have found it is easier to do it one at a time. If you want, you can have a couple of them so they open up. This makes it a bit easier to get into the cage to clean, but not totally needed. You may want to use a dowel to help support the top as if it is a bigger cage the top can sag down a bit.
Since you have birds, you may want to cover the top with something incase they poop.

Yes. I got mine from Super Kmart. 3 boxes because the cage I made is big. Also got a huge bag of black zip ties. About 1000 count. Lol! And since the theme was seemingly black, 10 sheets of coroplast from an online art store which cost me $45.

I lined the bottom floor with rubber runner type floring and the other floors with cheep carpetting.

I got a box at bed bath and beyond for 19.99. Its a 4 cube set with two additional shelves. I made a 2L x 1W cage with a shelf. Its a good size considering domino gets outside cage time. I have so many panels left over that I intend I making another level just ran out of zip ties :)

Latest posts

Back