is this weird.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced - or should i say, *not* experienced this???

I have *NEVER* seen my bunny sleep - *EVER*!! I've had herfor a YEAR now!! I've spend almost 24 hrs w/ her somedays....and not a WINK of sleep!!

If she is sleeping....she probably wakes up at the sound of *ANY* noise....

Is this normal??

Yup.

Lots of people will not see their bunnies sleep. Mind you, Isee mine conked out all the time, but they live in the living room andare pretty used to people around.

Also, they rarely sleep with their eyes completly closed.Wildfire will sit all huddled up in the corner, looking like she'sawake, but if I put my hand on her, it startles her because she wasasleep.

Big "dead bunny flops" are not all that common, and take some time for rabbits to feel comfortable around people to do.

Be vigulant, she's probably sleeping with out you realizing it.

--Dawn

I've never seen Devon or Amber sleep either.I've seen them relax with only one eye closed, though. I think a lot ofit has to do with the fact that rabbits are prey. My guess is that theyare hard-wired to never let their guard down completely.

BunBun will curl up in his egg/loaf position andlook like he's dozing off, with his head kinda nodding off.Mallory will sit with her eyes half closed. The baby bunny,Lewy will be sprawled out like she's dead. It's funny, causeshe's new, but she's the most comfortable.

I try not to walk next to them while their resting...I always wake them up! :shhhh

hehehe,i must have some pretty lazy bunniesthen,cause mine you can catch asleep quite a lot during the day,theyjust flop over and they're of in dreamland,i can even walk up to themand they dont even know im there,until they feel me poking them,to makesure that they're still breathing,then they look at me as if to say"hey,watcha doing that for,cant you see im snoozing"lol,i love it whenthey sleep,sometimes i watch them,especially when they are flopped ontheir side and in a deep sleep,you can see their little mouthmoving,like they are dreaming something lol

cheryl

I used to freak out because as a baby, mineseemed to never sleep. I brought up my concern to our ver, and the vetsaid guaranteed Sunny is getting enough sleep. She's either sleepingthrough the whole daywhen we're gone, or sleeping with her eyes openwhen we're home.

Now, she does the flop, and is out like a light. Completely stretched out on the living room rug with her head on the floor.

OH WOW!! GREAT RESPONSES!! :colors:

I'm sooooo happy to hear that other people experience the same thing as I do!!

Thank you so much!!!

Latest posts

Back