Is this the infamous 'hay'?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buncake

Reaction score
So as many people know, I've been struggling to find hay for my bunny ever since I got her 4 months ago and all I've been feeding her was dried grass from my garden but yesterday dad brought me this and told me to feed it to her but I have to make sure. Is this 'hay' ?
IMG_20180825_214947.jpg
IMG_20180825_214937.jpg

So as many people know, I've been struggling to find hay for my bunny ever since I got her 4 months ago and all I've been feeding her was dried grass from my garden but yesterday dad brought me this and told me to feed it to her but I have to make sure. Is this 'hay' ?
IMG_20180825_214947.jpg
IMG_20180825_214937.jpg
I'm almost positive that's hay. Is there a label on the side? If so, post a picture.

I'm almost positive that's hay. Is there a label on the side? If so, post a picture.

No, there's nothing, this is a clear normal plastic bag. Dad was at the local grocery and saw that and thought it was hay and brought it home, I didn't want to feed it to her but yesterday he secretly gave a strand of it to Claudia and she seemed to like it but I don't give her food anymore before washing it thoroughly and asking around so I thought I'd ask.

Yes thats hay.
Hay is literally dried grass.
You shouldnt need to check for a label.... most people buy hay by the bale.
Non dried grass or dried grass should be a buns staple.
If your buns extra sensitive you can pluck out the seed heads but otherwise give as is.

Yes thats hay.
Hay is literally dried grass.
You shouldnt need to check for a label.... most people buy hay by the bale.
Non dried grass or dried grass should be a buns staple.
If your buns extra sensitive you can pluck out the seed heads but otherwise give as is.

Thank you so much! She's been munching it all night long and there's a lot of droppings in her litter box so it seems like it's fine.

Back