Is this Pumpkin OK?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-Family-O

Reaction score
I bought this Organic Pumpkin and I was curious if it was OK for the buns? It is literally the only canned pumpkin I can find, and I paid a pretty penny for it to say the least, so I would hope it is OK.

Also, if by some chance I have to open it and they didn't eat it all, can I freeze it?

I'm going to attach a scanned picture of the label.

2-8-2010100641AM2.jpg

The only ingredient listed is pumpkin, so I don't see why not. Freezing should be fine, but make sure you freeze it in a way that there is minimal airspace, of you're going to have some nasty freezer burned pumpkin.

RandomWiktor wrote:
The only ingredient listed is pumpkin, so I don't see why not. Freezing should be fine, but make sure you freeze it in a way that there is minimal airspace, of you're going to have some nasty freezer burned pumpkin.

OK, cool. Thank you. I just wanted to be safe. I will go add it to my rabbit's emergency kit.

thank you again

as stated already it looks find nothing but pumpkin in the ingredients. About freezing i know some people freeze it in an ice cube tray then when they are frozen they pop them out and put them in zip lock bags.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
as stated already it looks find nothing but pumpkin in the ingredients. About freezing i know some people freeze it in an ice cube tray then when they are frozen they pop them out and put them in zip lock bags.

That is a really good idea!

Back