Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterz

Reaction score
He sort of plops down on the cage after I let him out. Like I just had him out for a good 45 minutes on my chest. He was just hanging out and laying there. He's a baby. He's the sweetest thing. Anyway, when I went to go put him in his cage, he just sort of "throws" himself. lol it is almost like a cat the way he just lays there. I don't know if this is normal or good. It happened earlier too when I had him out and he was just hopping around.

My rabbits often plop too,especially during summer, bit if this is all the rabbit does then there may be a medical problem.

Just a quick question when he "throws" himself does he just stop everything he's doing and fall down or is it just kind of a lay down?

He kind of slides on the bottom of the cage and lays down. He does it in a cute way. But he will get up and move around and eat his timothy hay and whatnot.

My guys do that when they are really relaxed, it almost looks like they are dead. Many times in the summer, they do it on the tiles as they are cold.

Back