Is this normal.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmiddle07

Reaction score
I am going to wear you guys out with all my questions! :)

Again my baby is 2 months. I have read that most rabbits sleep during the day and are more active during the early morning and late evening. However, mine is only active in the morning. When I open his cage to come out in the evening, when he finally does decide to come out, he just lies down. In this normal? Shouldn't such a young buck be more active?

They go through spurts where they're insane and times when they're not. My baby used to be active ALL day, she never slept. Now, I let her out of the cage in the morning and she plays for a bit, then goes to find a comfy spot, naps all day; minus food and poop. Then in the evening depending on whats going on in the kitchen, she is playful but other times she isn't. I think it just depends on the day and the bun. Sometimes, I can hear my bun in the kitchen rattling things and going nuts when no one is in there, in the middle of the day; then she goes back to sleep. hahaha. Then sometimes I don't hear her all day. Then sometimes in the evening I go to play with her and she wants nothing to do with it. haha. They're funny little beings.
I'd say your bun is normal and you shouldn't worry. If he's getting out and laying down, it sounds like he's pretty comfortable with you. Maybe you could get him some new toys and stuff to help stimulate him into playing more.

I agree with Morgan. Babies can be insane at different times :) I remember my girl used to be all over me ALLLL the time. Now, nearly a year later she is a carpet lump most of the time. As long as he is still eating and pooping/peeing normal, I'm sure he is just fine.

And don't worry about too many questions. I asked TONS as a newbie too.

Meh, rabbits get active whenever they feel like it. I wouldn't worry unless you see something concerning like lots of extra sleep with no alert time.

I would also add, your bunny is still a baby! What do babies do? They sleep a lot! And again, as long as your bunny is drinking, eating and pooping, I would not worry either. I have also found with my bunnies, and my rats too, seem to acclimate to our schedule and routine. For the most part, they are awake during the day and sleep at night.
And as for lots of questions, I have had bunnies since 1992...and questions still come up! All bunnies are unique...living arrangements can change...there are so many variables and as a result questions arise! Enjoy your new bunny!!!

Thank you for your help and helping me to be at ease when asking so many questions. Since I joined a week ago I think I've posted a question everyday LOL. But I guess that is the purpose of why this forum exist.

Latest posts

Back