Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB

Reaction score
1. Butterball's (Lop) back legs are bigger than Zoro's (Angora) back legs, but Butterball's front legs are smaller than Zoro's front legs. Why? Is it meant to be like that or is something wrong?
(My mom says that Butterball could be a Lop/Hare mix because he likes to jump and stand up more than Zoro does, and because he has big hind legs)

2.Could Butterball be a Lop/Hare mix?

3. Is this normal stomachache or poop in urine or something else? Is it serious or just too much greens?

4. Which on of these is the right kind of hay?

Pictures are on mybunniesZB.blogspot.com because I have no idea how to put pictures on this post (how do you post pictures on posts?).

Thanks for you assistance! :)

Well, I'm not an expert, but...

Butterball looks like he has a normal lop coat, to me.

Things like standing up often, or jumping are normal domestic rabbit traits. Some like to do it more often than others, but it doesn't make them more or less of a rabbit. ;) Also, foot and leg size vary between breeds, so it's not unusual that your lop and angora have different foot and leg sizes. :)

From those pictures, I have no idea what kind of hay either of those are. :? But growing baby rabbits will often have either alfalfa hay or timothy hay, and adult rabbits should generally only have timothy hay. (At all times)

As for the poop, it looks like your rabbit urinated, and then pooped on top of it. Doesn't look like anything wrong to me :)

Thanks!
I was so worried :)

But now there's another thing that I'm worried about.
Is Butterball pregnant or just fat?
When I held Butterball this evening, the stomach felt very round and kind of cartilage-y (not soft, but not hard either, kind of like cartilage) and it felt just like how my female hamster's tummy would feel whenever they're pregnant.
But Butterball is supposedly only a month and 3 weeks old, i thought rabbits can only get pregnant when they're 4 months old?

The urine looks pretty normal.

I don't know about the hay. Adult (over 6 mo) bunnies should have unlimited grass hay (timothy, orchard, bermuda, oat). Younger bunnies can have alfalfa (also called lucerne) hay as well.

It's pretty common for lops to have big back feet compared to other breeds. My lop does, but her front legs seem pretty normal compared to my Dutch bunny.

Butterball looks all lop to me, but I can't tell if she's pregnant or fat. That picture with her legs behind her is hilarious! Are you sure she's a she? Has she been around a male? She certainly looks old enough to get pregnant.

You click the button that looks like a piece of paper with 3 colored balls on it and paste the URL of the picture in the box. I'll put some in this post from your blog:

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

Truth is, we're not completely sure whether Butterball is a she or a he, but we know that Zoro is a he.

Thanks!

Thanks!
So, another question, when you put your rabbits out to play, what do they do?
BB & Zoro usually just lie down n eat grass.
There is sometimes a rare spurt of speed from BB but the most Zoro ever does is hop.
How can i get them to exercise?

What time of day are you letting them out? Bunnies are most active at dawn and dusk, and will mostly just lie around during the rest of the day. Letting them out at night may help. My guys don't stay in their cages, but we alternate letting them out into the living room every other day (we have two pairs of bunnies). We do this at night, and they will zoom around and go crazy for short bursts, and then sit down and relax.

usually from 5-7pm..
tehy munch on the grass, and lazily hop around.
but they also have short burst of speed.
sometimes they hop in one place & change direction, it's really cool & cute (especially when Zoro does it).

:inlove:

you seriously have some very cute buns there! most buns are cute but yours are especially cute, and they are a very cute couple!

maybe you should make sure of the sex of the one you are not sure about though... better to be on the cautious side.

I guess if they are given space to hop around but do not seem to use heaps of energy then it's just because they don't want to... unless they are scared or it's not the most active time of the day? sometimes my buns are more active than other times. and one is more active than the other as well. I don't think it's cause for concern anyway :)

It sounds like they're very happy and the activity level sounds good. The jumping around with ear flicks and such is called binkies, and the racing around in circles we call the bunny 500. They're signs of them being happy. Bunnies typically just hang out and do those short bursts of speed, or slowly hop about and investigate things.

Yay! So now, there's no need for me to worry bout that.

But now Zoro is, i don't know, sneezing? Kind of like he's trying to blow air out his nose. But there's no snot or anything coming out of his nose (a rabbit's nose is cold like a cat's nose, right?).
Should I be concerned on his 'sneezing'?

Is it more forceful than typical breathing? That could indicate an upper respiratory infection, or some other condition (usually tooth problem) that is leading to overproduction of mucus. Would you describe it as a "wheeze"?

yeah, its kind of like a wheeze. we're going to the vet right now to check it out.

Latest posts

Back