Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
Harper is acting strange. I know I'm a worry wart and I post everytime he even blinks wrong, but this time is different.

Since Sunday, I've noticed him having sneezing fits. I didn't worry, because he was active, no runny nose or watery eyes, no congestion, and he seemed fine. He continued the sneezing yesterday, but he was laying down more, like he was tired. I thought maybe he was having an off day, and it was just mild allergies.

Today, he is laying down still, and he's making this funny... twitching movement. Okay, He'll be laying down, not stretched out or on his side or anything, and he'll like... swat with his front paws like a cat batting string. But there isn't anything there. He did it a few times. Then earlier, he was sitting up and did the same thing a couple time. But he's not swatting at anything in particular, his feet aren't wet from wiping his nose, he isn't itching or scratching his paws...

I'm at a loss. Anyone?

I am not an expert, but Gretchen had a sneezing fit today. She had been flopped out on her side and I figured some dust got in her nose. That's probably what happened to Harper.

Do you mean sitting a bit like an egyption sphyx? That's perfectly normal :) Rabbits sit in all sorts of odd ways, have you sen him with his back legs straight out backwards? That one always amazes me, rabbits just don't look like they should unbend that way :D

Thanks guy for the replies! He's still having his sneezing fits, but I'm not much worried about those. What bothers me is this twitching in his arms now... it looks involuntary, kind of like a human with parkinson's. I've noticed it quite a bit... I hope it's nothing neurological. I'll continue to watch him and see if it continues.

I think the sneezing i s ok unless Harper shows other signs like runny nose, weepy eye, crusty paws ect.

One time Pebbles ran into a spiderweb in the corner ofthe rabbit room and she was doing the exact same thing for abit aftershe got it off thinking it was still on her.

:disgust:

I hope everything is ok with Harper! He could also be doing sort of binky things. I know sometimes Pebbles does a quick movement , doesn't look at all like a binky that's kind of odd. How many times does he do the arm thing?

Spring could be right there. Gretchen twitches sometimes. She's just doing a partial binky.

Back