Is this just a Freckles thing or is it normal.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorguarder08

Reaction score
So Freckles is warming up to me which is awesome. However she is also a little bit nocturnal (sp?) like she'll play and stuff during the day and of course sleep. But occasionally she will wake me up with her jumping around her cage on top of her igloo and on top of the shelf that came with the cage that I periodically take out and put back in. Now I am NOT a light sleeper by any means. It's almost equivalent to my birds night terrors when she's going about her jumping. I know Chris (the cat)isn't messing with her because she is sleeping on me and the bunnies cage is on the floor towards the foot of the bed. Is this a bunny thing or just a Freckles thing?

Rabbits are crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dawn and dusk. As house pets, they tend to be very active late in the evening (usually when you're heading to bed;)) and just before dawn (when you're still trying to sleep :rollseyes).

Hope that helps!

Rue

my Babyboy Flemmie is completely nocturnal. He drives me CRAZY!! he is in his dog pen at night but he literally bounds from one side to the other like a puppy wanting out and this bunny of mine is HUGE. at 5 months he is already 20+ lbs so he makes on heck of a noise. I put corragated cardboard on the bottom of the pen so it would muffle the sound a bit. Hasn't worked yet ;)

Harley did this last night for the second time.

It scares me, since I'm a light sleeper and all of a sudden I hear his ball with a bell rolling aruond, him jumping everywhere... I'm just happy he's not a bad chewer (knock on wood).

Sebastian is our daily nocturnal bun. We'll hear his little pitter patter feet running which puts me to sleep. Sometimes I'll hear the girls running around upstairsin the middle of the night sounding as hubby calls it "a bowling alley." I'm a very light sleeper so one thump or crash, I jump out of bed and start running upstairs. Baci will only make a commotion in his cage in the middle of the night if he runs out of food. Then he'll throw his bowl or plate around until one of us wakes up. So it's pretty much normal!:biggrin2:

Thankfully she was good last night I had the opening shift this morning and had problems falling a sleep so I would have been extra grumpy if I had of been woken up earlier than need be. Because when I wake up I'm up for the next 3 hours minimum.

I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ nighttime noisy buns!! Hope drives me nuts. Doesn't matter what time I go to bed, as it varies A LOT, as soon and I'm in bed and all comfy, she decides she's SUPER THIRSTY, as in hasn't drank all day and her water bottle is LOUD! grrrr... she does this every.single.night. I'm sure she does it to simply irritate me.

I used to take her toys away before bed, because she'd decide to get playful and bang everything around in her cage right when I'm getting into bed. Now that she has the toys back, it's the dang water bottle.

I used to tell her, it's bedtime Hope, now be quiet so mamma isn't grumpy. She "used" to stop and settle in to sleep. But NOOOOOOOOOO! Her kits have turned her into a more neurotic bun. Do they make bunny prozac? LOL

Typical behavior. I've had to sleep with my bunnies in the bedroom a couple times and I hate it! They're up til 1am and back up again at 5:30am throwing things around and making noise.

Latest posts

Back