is this good litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says Newspaper based, so I'd imagine it's ok. There are rabbit litters made from newspaper too, could be just the same thing. :) But here is a rabbit version of newspaper litter from the same site. They could be exactly the same, I know in pet shops here they sell huge bags of wood pellet cat litter, and then sell tiny bags of exactly the same thing, only packaged for rabbits, but not nearly as good a price.

Don't buy the stuff for the ferrets or buns;the Yesterdays News for cats is the same stuff and you get 30lbs. for what you would spend for just 20lbs. of the other stuff just because it has a bunny on the label.

The litter sounds fine, but it is made by Marshall Farms...who is a mass producer of unhealthy/inbred Ferrets for sales in pet stores, research for labs. They also breed Beagles and "Mongrels" for use in labs. Marshall Farms is large on animal cruelty and buying their products means that you support that.

If you are looking for a paper bedding, I would go with Yesterday's News. Look in the cat litter section and you will find a 30 pound bag (unscented) of it for around $15 or so. It's much cheaper and buying it doesn't support animal cruelty.

Hope that helped :).

undergunfire wrote:
The litter sounds fine, but it is made by Marshall Farms...who is a mass producer of unhealthy/inbred Ferrets for sales in pet stores, research for labs. They also breed Beagles and "Mongrels" for use in labs. Marshall Farms is large on animal cruelty and buying their products means that you support that.
I was going to say exactly the same thing. Recycled newspaper bedding is great, but that particular brand is a bad name. You can also use kiln dried wood pellets, too, they are absorbent and cut down on odor, and tend to be pretty affordable as well.

Latest posts

Back