Is this enough space? :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saira

Reaction score
Edit: This is only for night time or if I need to go out! Not for 24/7 <3

Hey all! You may have already seen my intro post earlier today, but I'm just wondering about my 2 pound dwarf hotot's home,and wondering if it's large enough. The woman who gave him to me told me he was living in an 11 panel playpen (similar to the xpens) and told me he preferred this over a standard cage. I've had guinea pigs before, and usually made their homes ( C&C cages) out of those metal shelving grids and liner made of corrugated plastic.

I wanted him to keep his home, but didn't want to worry about "mess" on my carpet so I measured it out and made a cage liner out of a huge sheet of corrugated plastic like I did with my guinea pigs.

The cage is 5.5 feet by 4 feet, and 3.5 feet tall.

Is this a large enough size for him?

This the the cage beside my queen size bed,it's a bit wider than it,but I cropped the photo :p

tumblr_mnw5tbe7n61roolpmo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
It depends on if you're planning to keep him in most of the time? If he was just in there for sleeping it'd prolly be fine but if he was spending most of his time in there then I'd suggest putting an x-pen or two around the front so he can run around a bit. :)

Well, I'm actually planning on leaving the cage open during the day and closing it when I go to bed, so I think it should be fine :eek:

I think that its big enough. :)

Off topic: I can see you have a Star Trek poster on the wall and just wanted to say that its funny because right now we are watching a Star Trek episode.

Last edited:
I think it looks great! If he can get time out though every day to run some, I think that'd be great.

Okay good ^_^To be honest, I only put him inside when I go to bed, other than that he's allowed free run of the bedroom. This room is pretty large too, so he has plenty of space to run around :3 I'm hoping to make the cage larger, maybe add one or two extra levels. In time~ This is just the pen he came with that I turned into a cage :p

hi all,
saira it looks nice! how did you make it? my indoor cage is a black doggy one, behind a sofa. would like a white one for my room. i agree with bunnylove.

How did I make it? Well I started of with my pen, and bent it into the shape I wanted (rectangle) Then, I measured the length and width of the cage. I wanted the cage liner to fit inside the pen,but I also wanted the wall of the liner to be 4 inches high. I took the measurements of my pen and added 4 inches to each side, that way, when I start cutting into the corrugated plastic,I can fold the walls up and it be the right size X3

I'm making this sound MUCH more complicated than it needs to be, so I'll just post a video tutorial I found online :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSAtHNoZYs[/ame]

long video but that's basically what I did :3 you can use chloroplast or corrugated plastic.

Latest posts

Back