Is this crazy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyemondRabbitry

Reaction score
Ok, so here's a little background:

My job is..eh... a bit stressful. I leave the house at 7:00 in the morning (not bad, right) and don't return until 5:30. That's pretty normal. The hard part is that after I get home I have the rabbits (about 50) to take care of, 2 horses, and about 30 head of cattle. Not to mention, a husband and a 2 month old baby. So there are lots of chores, lots of laundry, lots of stress.

Anyhow, at work I deal with a lot of people calling to get angry at me for things that aren't my fault but, hey... that's a law office. Today we hada crank caller though. Well, there were two of them. They kept calling saying things like they were going to blow the building up, blow are heads off and do sexual things to us.. now, it was bad enough my boss actually brought his handgun up for me. Any person who knows meknows that I am not what you would call a small person. Well.. atleast I wouldn't blow away with a stiff wind. I'm pretty farm-hardened and all I can say is daddy taught his baby how to fight.. but I was scared. Shaking and sick...

I've been contemplating working from home if it would work. What I'm thinking is that I'd like to be a professional consultant/bookkeeper. Accounting is really my strong point and I've been doing it for the farm for years. If you were going to hire a bookkeeper would $15/hour for tax prep., record keeping, bill paying, and collections seem reasonable? If I set my price at that- even after taxes I would only have to work 20 hours a week to make what I already make AND I wouldn't have to pay for gas, lunch, and day care...

I could really use some advice here.. please help...

id work from home if you could, give you more time to spend with your baby...more time for your pets. save money, work less. jump on it :)

Working from home is awesome. I've been doing it for almost 2 months now. My situation is a little different, in the I don't work for myself. My employer set me up to work remotely so I didn't have to drive 120 miles a day. The extra time I have is wonderful.

I would do it.
The added time and fewer costs (gas, daycare etc) would be worth it even if you make a little bit less. You would be able to set your schedule up to fit your needs so you can deal with the baby and the animals first and work when is suits you. You can even work more for a few days so you can work less other days. Doing some chores like laundry could be easily fit in while you work.
The only real downside I can see is being motivated to do it. You will have some more busy times due to things like payroll and other deadlines that you have to work with. You would have to work a bit more on social relationships as you would not have the office people around to talk with.

Latest posts

Back