is this behavior normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessmc03

Reaction score
When Gabby is in her cage and i put my fingers in her cage, she rubs the bottom of her chin on my fingers. just back and forth a bit, almost like she is scratching, but i don't see her do it to anything but my fingers. I'm not really concerned, just curious if it means anything? thanks! ~jess

She's marking you, like how a cat does. Rabbits have scent glands on their chins. Wash does that to me ALL the time ;)it's perfectly normal and means that Gabby is claiming you as her human!

Yep, you are her's! Have you ever seen her do it to furniture or shoes or anything? They do that too and it's the same thing, they are claiming the item as their's:D.

Awwwwwww She loves you and you belong to her and everyone is going to know that!

Have you seen her chin anything else?

Awwww i'm so happy. i didn't notice gabby it to anything else, but my boyfriend says she does it to her toys. she is finally starting to become comfortable with me and her new home. its a wonderful day!:woohoo

jessmc03 wrote:
Awwww i'm so happy. i didn't notice gabby it to anything else, but my boyfriend says she does it to her toys. she is finally starting to become comfortable with me and her new home. its a wonderful day!:woohoo

Don't you love that?!

I think it's really cute that she's decided you and her toys are hers LOL!

Bo chins everything - so does Tony.

Bo chins my eye glasses if he gets a chance. He's also chinned my nose and Clover chins my toes LOL!

Nibbles has a real thing about chinning my shoes (all of them), library books (I read a lot), and - of all things - a cane that I have here but use once in a blue moon. I think part of the attraction with the library books is that they smell - and potentially taste - so interesting. :)

Bo loves my paperbacks...... and hardcover - but I let him chin and chew the paperbacks. People always love the decorations on them if I loan them out.

*I see your bunny found it to be a good book!* :p

I have noticed that my bun only chins things once. I have never seen him chin the same over and over. Everytime he sees something new in the apt he chins it immediately. :) He has chinned my legs and thats it. He is a silly bun.

Every time Chalk gets out to play she chins EVERYTHING! The tunnel, the cardboard box, our feet, etc etc. The other night she went exploring upstairs in the bathroom and the chinned the edge of the toilet (eew- luckily the seat was down!), the toilet roll, sponges etc. Then on her way back down she chinned all the banister spindles in the stairs! She practically owns the whole house now lol :p

I think it's really cute when they chin you though :)

Jen

Back