Is this Alfalfa Hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
I recently got two more bales of hay. The guy said it was both mixed grass but one is greener and just different then the other. The rabbits LOVE it and dug right in when I gave them some. The next day, Dolla got gas (and that's the only thing that was different from her diet). The other bunnies eat it with no problems, but Dolla's stomach is sensitive. So I'm wondering, is it alfalfa? or a mix of it?

It's hard to tell that they are different in color in the pictures.

The Unknown "Alfalfa" is on the left and the regular mixed grass is on the right.
P3154692.jpg

This is the "Crumbs" of the hay left behind when I lifted up the bigger part of the hay. (The Unknown "Alfalfa" is on the left and the regular mixed grass is on the right.)
P3154696.jpg

Here's a close up of the Unknown "Alfalfa" hay.
P3154695.jpg

Or maybe it's just 3rd cut hay? I'm not totally sure!

Thanks! :)

Thanks!

The "Crumbs" looks like the crumbs found in the bag of alfalfa I bought for Marley when she was young. That's why I thought maybe it was alfalfa or a mix of it.

Could it be 3rd cut hay too? I'll try to get some better pictures later.

I found a couple Alfalfa looking pieces in the hay. I got a picture but it's still on my camera! I'll post it up later. :)

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Back