Is this a lionhead or an angora?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leopold_Ruby

Reaction score
image.jpg

My female has a skirt and her hair isnt growing like this one. He used to look like her but his fur is getting longer all over

image.jpg this is my recently spayed female. Her incision is almost completely healed

The black one is a lionhead.
The white and black one is harder to tell. She looks more like a lionhead. The longer fur could mean she is a mix or a teddy lionhead (they have longer fur like an angora).

Does he need special care? I comb them
But they hate it. Will his hair need to be trimmed?

Brush them every day. If it gets hot or you notice their hair is getting matted/messy/poopy (especially around the bum area) trimming would be a good idea.

They really hate it. They are fine being in the pen with me but prefer I dont touch them. Is it true pineapple helps prevent a blockage?

They really will need to get used to being brushed. If they get matted, they need to be shaved down, and that is not something that is easy anyway, let alone with a rabbit that is not used to any grooming. It's just something that has to be done with longer furred rabbits. If you can't keep them brushed out, you need to keep them clipped short and that would need to be done every couple months.

Pineapple really does not prevent or treat problems. The enzymes need to be quite hot to work, and that sort of temperature does not occur in a living rabbit. Hay, water, and regular grooming are the best options to prevent problems.

Both are Lionheads. Take a look at Sweetie in my avatar and here is a pic of her sitting on my shoulder while I am sitting on the couch.

1397618499241.jpg

The black one is a lion head and the black and white one looks like a lion head mixed with an angora or a breed with long fur. They are beautiful rabbits!

I suggests you put them on a table where you can do the grooming. I find my bunnies hate to be groomed when they're on the ground. Also ready your treats so they could associate grooming as relaxing instead of torture.

Hope it helps

His fur is so long, I agree hes probably mixed. Hes better when I wrap him up in a blankie. Thanks guys

Back