Is this a good mix to feed him?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbles96

Reaction score
I give Nibbles a little less than a bowl full(his bowl isn't really big, but it's not really small) of this food every night. I've been feeding it to him for a long time.

It's called Super Premium Rabbit Blend.

Is it okay for him to eat this kind?

I just wanted to be sure. :)

Yeah, it has a variety of things.
Here is a link to it:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10318481
I'll just copy and paste the ingredients:
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Ground Corn, Heat Processed Soybeans, Whole Corn, Oat Groats, Barley, Sunflower Seed, Soybean Meal, Timothy Hay, Wheat Middling, Soybean Hulls, Carrot Slices, Green Split Peas, Feeding Oatmeal, Yellow Split Peas, Diced Apples, Diced Pineapple, Cane Molasses, Salt, Diced Carrots, Diced Potatoes, Minced Onions, Parsley Flakes, Celery Flakes, Diced Red Peppers, Diced Green Peppers, Cabbage Flakes, Leek Flakes, Diced Zucchini, Tomato Flakes, Spinach Flakes, Ground Limestone, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3), Dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Niacin, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Mononitrate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Biotin, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Color Added (Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1)

On that site I can't see/find the nutriotnal contents (such as fibre, protein, fats, etc). Is that on the bag? Could you type it up?

Mix feeds are generally not ideal for bunnies. It is generally recommended that they are fed a complete pellet (one where it all looks the same) of the right nutritional content. That can vary from rabbit to rabbit. How old is your bun? What breed?

I'm not sure what the good pellets in your area are though, so hopefully someone will chime in with that.

Flashy wrote:
On that site I can't see/find the nutriotnal contents (such as fibre, protein, fats, etc). Is that on the bag? Could you type it up?

Mix feeds are generally not ideal for bunnies. It is generally recommended that they are fed a complete pellet (one where it all looks the same) of the right nutritional content. That can vary from rabbit to rabbit. How old is your bun? What breed?

I'm not sure what the good pellets in your area are though, so hopefully someone will chime in with that.

Hmm let's see.. Okay, the bag says for fatty acids, there is soybeans. Vitamins, Minerals, and Protein: alfalfa(oh no I didn't know that was it there!) meal, soybean meal. Carbohydrates and fiber: timothy hay, carrots, split peas, apples, pineapple, potatoes, onions, parsly, celery, peppers, cabbage, leek, zuccini, spinach.

Nibbles is 5 years old and he is a Chinchilla mixed breed.

Latest posts

Back