Is this a Dutch?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

housetb

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he is dwarf as well, but I was not sure it Dutch rabbits could be dwarf. The pics are not great but he is grey and white. Thanks!

15362_051254_360000000.jpg

15362_031226_190000003.jpg

Yes that is a dutch. Dutch are a small compact breed they weight between 3 1/2 To 5 1/2 pound with the ideal weight at 4 1/2 lb so they will stay small but no not a drawf. Very cute

I'm pretty sure Dutch are supposed to carry the dwarf gene. I remember a couple Dutch breeders mentioning peanuts, although they might have been talking about their other breeds (mini rex or holland lops).

His ears look too long to be a dwarf, though. He's just young--he'll get a little bigger.

(Btw, solid gray in Dutch is called blue :D)

Very nice, definitely Dutch, would like to see it's underside markings from the top it almost looks showable :)

oh yess a genuine dutch....those are my favorite breeds. mocha has some of the markings of a dutch. i just call her my half-a-dutch.

yes dutch <3 my favorite breed of rabbit c: i have a dutch, a male, also gray. he's so sweet. he's 4 lb now c:

Gorgeous little Dutch! My Dutch is quite small but she was the runt of the litter so she will always be a little smaller.

Sorry I never replied Tym! Never realized you did!
Here's a size.. comparison of Sabriel to myself and my other buns!
295176_10150254846426516_546981515_7687684_7641550_n-1.jpg

Sabriel is obviously on the left, Solara who is around 5-6 lb is next, and Silas, who is 11.10 pounds, is on the right. And that's behind me. Sabriel is quite the small one x)

That second picture of Rupert reminds me sooo much of Sabriel! XD

Love the Dutch! Yield, that's such a great picture showing the size difference!

Rupert is a gorgeous bun, his coloring is so pretty :)

Back