is there such a thing as dutch dwarfs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagneticLove

Reaction score
i love love love dutch rabbits! but i would love to own one that is as small as a netherland perhaps? are there any like that?

well i dont even know how big they get? can someone inform me?

are there like big size, medium, and small?

thanks

You can get vienna marked nethies (like my Badger), which can have markings similar to a dutch, but the are not a true dutch.

Here is some specifics on them as a UK breed. http://www.thebrc.org/dutch.htm It gives you an indication of things like show weight (although obviously they can be dutch and be bigger or smaller than dutch weight and also mismarked).

Ive seen Dutch/Dwarf mixes, but I dont that that there are purebred mini dutches.
Dutch rabbits stay pretty small anyway- My dutch boy Smudge is only 4.5 lbs, and our other dutch was 6 lbs last time we weighed him... But hes kinda pudgey, LOL

We occasionally get Dutch marked Dwarf Hotots.

Pam

Dutchmarked.jpg

Dutch Dwarfs are usually the name pet shops give to a cross between a Netherland Dwarf and a Dutch rabbit. They promote them as a breed but they are not accepted in any show standards as a pure breed - a ploy to sell them readily. Like designer dogs that are really just crosses.

Back