Is there any way to try to help the baby drink more water?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
My baby bunny has been eating her hay & nibbling on her pellets.. But I was wondering ...Is there anything I can do to try & help her drink some water?

I read on here a while ago that if you're worried she's not drinking enough water (and she will eat some veggies already) a good thing to try is getting some greens or ok lettuce and put it dripping wet in a bowl for her.. then she'll get more water when she eats it.

Hi,

Is she using a bowl or bottle for water?

You can add a little vanilla to the water...not a lot. A few tablespoon per gallon (or maybe a few drops per bowl).
Flavored Pedialyte is a good idea.
Try to stay away from anything that has sugar in it for now.

Go easy with the veggies (and fruits) if you try them. Dip them in the water and offer her just a little to start. You don't want to upset her tummy.

I mix rolled oats (uncooked, old-fashioned Quaker oats)in with the pellets. Just a few flakes at a time.

At that young age I would be giving her alfalfa hay and alfalfa based pellets

~Jim

Is there some reason you feel she isn't getting enough water? Her droppings should be well formed and about the size of a large pea. Tiny, dry droppings are a sign of dehydration.

A very small slice of carrot or apple can be given daily for additional moisture in the diet.

Pam

itty bitty little one....

bunny.jpg

Back