Is there a fix for nerve damage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabelle00

Reaction score
My Caramel who recently passed away due to gas/stasis, had his hip fractured earlier in the year. At the same time he had a bit of pain left which I gave him lavender and willow for, wasn't able to get any metacam (the vets were worried about kidney issues)

Also if you touched his hind end or moved it in a particular way he would suddenly do this jerking thing (similar to when mating) it didn't look voluntary and I'm pretty sure there was nerve damage.

Is nerve damage permanent? or can it be treated and fixed?
(just some closure on his problem)

That's a tough question as it really depends on what's caused the damage in the first place and whether that issue is ongoing. Nerves can regrow, but it happens slowly. I've personally had a nerve in the tip of my index finger severed but about 6 months later, sensation returned to that finger after the nerve repaired itself.

he had feeling in his legs...would that jerking thing be normal or could it be something that healed a bit off?
although his fracture healed he seemed to be very protective of his pelvic region even more in when it got colder. His back legs were quite stiff.

Latest posts

Back