Is sisal rope safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny34422

Reaction score
Hi guys, a family member got me a cat tower for Timmy and he loves it! Ever since I put it together, I've been watching him carefully in case it's unsafe. Everything's been good so far but I noticed that he likes to chew and rip the sisal rope (picture below). I read that this is okay? He doesn't seem to be eating it, just ripping. But someone told me that his nails could get caught in it so I should remove the two sisal posts or cover them.

I haven't seen him scratching at it but just want to confirm if this could be dangerous because I don't want him to hurt himself when I'm asleep. So I will of course remove it if I need to.. thank you!!

Attachments

• 8A6F8CC7-FDA2-4044-87FF-D62D6ABC5869.jpeg
    8A6F8CC7-FDA2-4044-87FF-D62D6ABC5869.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 5
Sisal should be fine. If it seems like there's a significant amount of glue or anything that was used to adhere the sisal onto the tower, that would likely be more worrisome but typically they use non-toxic glues on pet-related structures so I feel it should be OK.

Back