Is she too dominant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika77

Reaction score
I have three bunnies that live together, they get along most of the time. They do have some arguments but like to groom each other and sit together (have no interest in people).
The problem is that one of the females "humps " the male obsessively. She mostly goes on his head and also chews and plucks his fur. He tolerates it most of the time but she gets so carried away with it that finally he gets annoyed and chases her off but she just comes back for more. Not sure what to think of it, I feel bad that he is pestered like that but on the other hand he does not run away from her so I guess it does not bother him that much? Is this common behavior? Should I be worried that its too much for him?

Females are usually the dominant ones in bonds, so humping from them isn't unusual at all. I assume they're all fixed? That could also have something to do with it if they aren't.

Yes, they are all fixed. I know that some humping is normal but once she gets going she does not stop for like half an hour, it's crazy. The funny thing is that the male will not alow the other female to hump him. The dominant female will sometimes hump the other female but not too often.

Latest posts

Back