Is she teasing him or what?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
I put my two bunnies together for a few shortminutes this morning - just as a very tentative start to an attempt atbonding. They're currently kept in seperate hutches within alarge run separated by a mesh divider - (Both are spayed/neutered).Neddy (the male)was a bit nervous but did keep going up toBugsy (the female) sniffing and trying to mount her. Iexpected as much but I have a question about Bugsy's behaviour.

It seemed to me that poor Neddy was getting mixed messages.Bugsy wasnipping at him and quietly grunting then runningaway and doing dead bunny flops til he came over to heragain. What's the poor guy supposed to think?!

Once Bugsy's grunting got louder and more insistent I ended the session.

Not worried you understand, very early days- justwondering if anyone knows what Bugsy behaviour could mean.She is usually a bit of a stroppy knickers - that's why I love her somuch - she's got attitude.:D

I think Bugsy wants some grooming, not some humping!

How long has Neddy been neutered? I think that this is not too bad fora first session. Maybe they can share a big bowl of greens together.

Hi Maherwoman and Jordiwes!

I thought it wasn't bad for a first time either but Bugsy is such afunny character I didn't know if it was normal or just one her quirks!

They aren't aggressive towards one another when they're in the run,they can touch noses through the mesh and have quite a lot of contactso we'll try again tonight for a while.

Interestingly, (and much to my relief) Bugsy isn't being so destructive since Neddy arrived - that was just what I was hoping.

Latest posts

Back