is she sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocorabbit

Reaction score
My Coco seemed a bit different this morning. She was resting by herself with eyes almost shut like she was very tired. but that's a little strange cuz usually she'll rest with her eyes open and aware.

When i approached her gently she was "on guard" and then attacked my hand when I gently touched her head.

Then she started finding places to be alone and looking very tired. I offered her some hay and she ate that right away, so at least her appetite is ok. But she didn't go get the hay herself from the hay bin, I had to bring it to her.

Normally in the morning she is very active, exploring and digging and climbing things. But now she just seems so solum... could she be sick? Or is she just being moody (she is still intact).

:huh

I would keep a very close eye on her-sounds like something might be going on health wise. How old is she? With the eyes, it soundsl ike squinting which could indicate pain. How is her pooping? Is she going? If you notice her not eating at all get her to the vet.

Hey all...

Good news! She is being more of her normal self now. I've been in and out all day, but by around 3pm she's out and about now, she even licked my face!

I am noticing she is scratching a lot- especially looks like maybe she's itchy in her ears. So I'm wondering if she has some mites that have been causing her to not get so much sleep and be moody.

Also, could be a false pregnancy making her moody! definitely false since she isn't with any male bunnies (she's house rabbit).

I think I need to give both my rabbits the dose of revolution just to take care if they are having mites (both are scratching in the ears a lot).

Latest posts

Back