Is she mad at me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzkitty

Reaction score
Today I came to Momo's cage as I always do and called out to her. She usually comes but she stayed in the back of her cage. I pulled out her favorite treats and she always goes crazy when she hears the bag.. but she just looked at me. I put my hand to offer her a head rub and she turned her back on me. She's not eating either. She doesn't seem sick or in pain or anything, and I haven't done anything to her? She's about 5 years old and she's fixed. I'm confused. :?

She sounds to me like she is not feeling well. I would give her a dose of simethicone for gas ( baby liquid gas drops) and see if that helps her ; 1 cc for first dose and she can get 2 more doses of 1 cc each hour X 3 .

I would also get some childrens electrolyte drink(pedialyte)_ and syringe this fluid as much as she will take; keeping her hydrated is more important than forcing food right now.

Also a dose of a probiotic like benebac will most likely help

Is she molting? My buns are really shedding and if the bun eats all that fur it can slow down the gut.

I don't think this is behavioral but physical soI will move to infirmary

She's not molting or hardly shedding at all angieluv.. she actually looks identical to the bun in your avatar. I've been watching her closely and she seems to be drinking lots of water. She won't touch her pellets but she'll eat a leaf from her salad here and there. She's usually so sweet but she hops away whenever I reach for her.. so I've just left her alone so she doesn't get stressed.

I don't know why but it won't let me edit the first post.

I stayed up all night watching over Momo and making sure she had fresh greens to nibble on. She kept drinking and drinking and eating more and more. She used her litterbox quite a few times but she's finally back to her old self! Thanks to those who replied =)

2duyuz6.jpg

How is she?

if she is the same you need to take action

It won't help her to leave her alone if she has a GI problem (which she may or may not have ) ; it is emotionally painful for you to stress her but often mandatory to help a bun with a problem
If she is not eating I still suggest giving her a dose of simethicone ( Liquid Gas X for infants or Mylicon infant gas drops) ... available at most pharmacies Rabbits get digestive upsets whether they are molting or not and often time simethicone helps when we are unsure what to do. it doesn't hurt the bun at all
I also suggest that you get some benebacfrom the petstore and give her a dose.
if she is eating greens give them to her wet and give her a variety if she has had a variety previously.

If a bun is not eating and refusing treats this is suggestive of gas ( simple to treat) or impending GI stasis. Gi stasis often can be prevented if you intervene early.

There are also many other problems that can cause the symptom of anorexia ( no appetite)

Encouraging her to run about often helps gas move through (if this is indeed the problem

I suggest that you make an appointment for her at a rabbit knowledgeable vet on Mon. if this doesn't resove with home treatment

Gi stasis can be a sign of many other problems including dental problems .

If she is only drinking small amounts I still suggest pedialyte

She can get worse fast if you do not intervene with home remedies unless you can take her to a rabbit knowledgeable vet today.

:biggrin:LOL I am so glad that she is better ;I did not see your post with the pic but I left my post in case something like this occurs again :D

She does look like the bun in my avatar who I lost last April His name was Beau

Latest posts

Back