Is our bun comfy with us?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyluvins

Reaction score
Our 8 week old bun, Cicero, was raised by a lovely family and very well socialized.
He doesn't mind being held at all! The whole time we were there, I was holding him and he didn't fidget a bit! Obviously, I expected this to change once we got him home, being a new surrounding and all. And, he's really not any different, besides being curious.

I was told that signs of a bun that feels comfortable around its people are cleaning, laying down with feet extended, asking for pets, grinding teeth while they're petted...all of which he does. He even plopped over onto his side on my pillow once :shock:
He seems content to me :)
streatchedout-1.jpg
:hearts:
His wee tail stick out when he lays flat too
tail-1.jpg

So, I guess my question is : Does he sound like a happy rabbit?
What can I do to strengthen our bond and keep the trust strong?

He looks pretty comfy to me. One of the best ways to bond with him is to let him eat out of your hands. At this age he should only have unlimited hay and pellets. But you can also try a few oats as a treat in the palm of your hand. Also don't forget to "groom" him. Rabbits love to have there cheeks massaged and the corners of there eyes gently rubbed. It simulates that natural "grooming" he would receive from other rabbits. Hope that helps :)

Looks and sounds like an adorable, cuddly, happy bunny. So cute. My one concern...you haven't posted enough pictures!!!! Seriously, he's so cute. I think he needs a blog.

verrrrrry cute! *jealous* lol

Sounds like you're doing a great job with him!

Awwww thanks for the kind words and tips guys!! There will be plenty of pictures :biggrin2:

Poor dear, he grunted at me today. I usually let him hop around on our couch (its a large sectional) but tonight I let him on the bed while I folded some laundry. He had fun! But when I went to pick him up to bring him back to the couch, he kicked a bit and grunted. I felt so bad! He must have gotten startled by the new surroundings. He's never been in there before.

We're back on the couch now, and he doesn't seem to be holding a grudge. I gave him some pellets from my hand and he gladly took them. He's hopping on my and stopping for pets, so I hope he's not upset with me :wink

you're doing it right! Soon he'll be all over you! My bunny was like that when I first got him, and after some time he was following me all over and jumping on my lap. But then I learned rabbits don't want to be held or carried for too long because their temperature is not as high as ours, so don't handle him too much, just in case.. hold him as much as he wants, then let him go. You can always pet him him, I'm sure he's enjoying it. Bunnies also like when you pet them on top of their head, and around the ears
:love::heartbeat::hearts:inlove::hearts:

Ah, I agree with what was said before - more and more pics of this CUUUTE bunny will ensure a comfy bunny and will help bonding! :)

Thanks guys! Cicero loves the attention you're giving him :bunnyheart

He doesn't get handled too much, just to get in and out of his home and a little here and there to keep him comfortable with the handling (so when toenails need trimmed or vet visits need visited, he'll be ok with the handling aspect) :thumbup

Here in resides another question.
He has begun to grunt a bit when my hands are in his cage. Everything is still new to him, and we're new to each other so I'm not too worried. But what are some ways to show him that my hands mean no harm? I can't just let him come out on his own, his home is positioned in an old, modified entertainment center (picture his cage in place of the TV. About that height off the ground) So my hands have to come in to get him out. I try to do his home duties while he's out. I know their cage = their burrow and they can get a little testy with it.
Any tips?

On a side note, he has begun to use his litter box! Only a few stray pebbles here and there :biggrin:
A picture of Cicero while on his daily couch hops
securedownload2.jpg

Ya blossom grunts at me when I try to brush her. Thats their way of saying leave me alone. But I only stop for a moment and then I brush again. I dont want her to think ever time she grunts I stop then she knows how to get her way. Sometimes it does startle me because Im afraid she might bite after the grunt!!

Yes and Duckie grunts ALOT when I try to take her out of her cage and we've had her for about eight months! Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back