Is my shed big enough....?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bri13194

Reaction score
So for the past couple months we have been building a shed from scratch. It is insulated and everything. It just needs some paint and shelves and it is ready to go. I originally intended it for two rabbits but sadly one of my rabbits had to be put to sleep. I didn't want to get another one after that, but I didnt want my other rabbit to be alone in the shed so i decided to go to the rescue to adopt a rabbit and well i came back with two babies. So now I have three buns. So i am hoping my shed is big enough for them. It is an 8x5 foot shed and after insulation was put in the inside measures at 7'8" by 4'7" this is pretty much the equivalent to a 4x6 c&c cage. So what do you guys think? I will be letting them come into the house to run around for a couple hours once they are potty trained every other day if not everyday. I wish i could add a run but sadly the space the shed is in is limited and just fits the shed. Ok well thanks in advance. :)

I've always heard 60 square feet if they don't get any time outside the "cage"... I would think a couple hours in the house would make up for it being a bit smaller than that.

Yes I will definately let them out minnimum of two hours, an average of 3-4 hours which is what they get now everynight as they are in temporary cages until the shed is ready.

true, mine love the top floor of the condo - getting up high in the wild gives 'em a good view of any predators that might be approaching and the domestic ones seem to like to hang out up there, too.

I'd recommend a minimum of 6'x2' for 1-2 rabbits for any time they are confined eg in a cage, upping that to 6'x3' if they are a giant breed.

The shed would meet that and give them exercise space (like you'd get adding a pen) so it should suit them well.

I think that's a good size, 3 of my bunnies live in a 6x4 shed but put tables in there or build a large shelve type thing for them to jump on because like others said it gives more surface area.. Why don't you attach a run to it? My bunnies have a 6x4 shed but with a 12x9 run so if you put a run in then they'll be able to choose if they wanna go outside or in

Latest posts

Back