Is my rabbit sleeping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariana

Reaction score
I’ve had my bun for years now and i never put much thought into him sleeping. He lays in loaf position or on his side so I figured he was sleeping. I was holding my bun the other day he was sound asleep (I think) I’m holding him now and his eyes are closed, he’s in loaf position on my chest and he occasionally clicks his teeth or makes a sound. His nose is wiggling . When I went to get him to snuggle earlier he was what I assume sleeping. So is he asleep or am I crazy ? I know buns don’t usually sleep on people.
@Alyssa and Bugs♡ @somebunnylovesme

Attachments

• DADDEE64-A1FE-4F04-98B8-3AC1D8B7AC70.jpeg
    DADDEE64-A1FE-4F04-98B8-3AC1D8B7AC70.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Every bond a rabbit has with their owner is different, so he may just really trust you and enjoy your company. The teeth clicking is like a cat purring-- it means they're comfortable, content, and enjoying snuggling/getting pets.

He’s sleeping my bunnies often sleep like that on me

Your bunny truly trust you and it’s really sweet.

One of my sleeping bunbun:

IMG_3577.jpg

My bun bun does that. Actually she sleeps on me more comfortably than anywhere else. So don't worry, your bunny trusts you deeply KUJICAM_2019-04-27-15-06-21_developed_1-700x700.jpg

Yes, he's either sleeping or very relaxed and just resting. Rabbits tend to be pretty light sleepers and wake up easily. They can also sleep with their eyes open.

Back