is my rabbit pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pregnant rabbits don't usually get bellys that big, but maybe she is severly thin and is showing more? Vet check is the best way to go, she doesn't seem very healthy.

the things i feel in her stomach feel like a grape or something like that but more lima bean shaped. could that just be her insides?

also would i be able to hear anything moving or something in her tummy if she was pregnant? someone HELP:nerves1

She needs to see a vet, her big belly could be anything.

massie777 wrote:
i would take her to a vet also, and bring a fecal sample. i am thinking more parasites then babies.
I was thinking parasites too.

If you are considering taking her to the vet and don't have a rabbit savvy vet lined up yet, you may want to check out the listing of vets in the Infirmary Section:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=9

Not all vets treat rabbits and not even all vets who see "exotics" treat rabbits so its best to call around and ask or try to find avet nearby on the list.

1003732.jpg

here is a full body picture of her. ignore the foot ha :)

Are you going to bring her to a vet? Or wait and see what happens?

well my parents just paid the rent so we are really hard on money just this week so im gonna wait. when you palpate them can u feel organs too? i do feel something in her but im not sure if its a baby or a liver or something.

It's hard to say, but her stomach does look distended. That's the problem with getting rabbits from pet stores; they are often sick, pregnant, or mis-sexed.

Thankfully she is still eating and drinking normally, but that could change. I understand being hard on money, I suggest putting money aside towards a vet fund so you can see a vet even if you just payed rent.

yeah i am saving my lunch money lol :) next week will we have money. shes acting fine and the didnt sex her i had to. they didnt know anything at all. but there isnt a lot of breeders in my state so we had to get one from a petstore

While she's eating she should be fine but if she stops eating then I would be worried and then it is an emergency. Personally, I don't think she is pregnant but keep an eye on her just incase.

this thread is 10 days old,i hope every thing is ok,.if was pregnat,..iwas going to suggest radiograghs to ensure this hard tummy is not the result of gi stasis,..sincerely james waller

this is stupid but, maybe, (from an inexperienced person)
it could be a tumor? or cyist? im not sure about any thing so please passs the comment untill someone smarter clarifies it,
ps. how is the rabbit.

Latest posts

Back