Is my rabbit lazy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kloppie8

Reaction score
Flynn sleeps all day long..I know rabbits are suppose to be nocturnal but geeze...I would really like him to be up during the day. I let him out of the pen in the morning, he hops around, goes under the bed and doesn't come back out until around 4 pm. My 4 pm and on are my busiest times of day. We like to take him outside everyday to run, but even then he does a few hops, he might get excited and jump but he also like to just lay around. Is this normal? I would prefer to take him outside during the afternoon since we have time then, would it be mean to wake him...he would probably just go outside and sleep.

I was wondering the same thing about Panda...

I heard lops were known for their laid back attitude, but seriously...

it makes me wonder what kind of shenanigans he is getting up to while I`m asleep...
One time I woke up to him playing in my closet. He had broken out of his NIC condo and was having a 5am party. Maybe flynn is up partying at night too.

He was escaping over is pen before I removed all his stuff at night. Visitors have said he can be pretty loud during the night, but my daughter shares a room with him and she sleeps right through any of his noise. I was going to try to leave him out over night, but the first time I did he peed on the bed. So now until he is neutered we will not try that again.

I want to eventually open up more of the house to him, but he currently is not fond of our Saint. He loves the other 3 smaller dogs...so once he warms up to her he might be awarded more than just a bedroom. He does get free roam outside. We have a nice fenced in yard, but I have to have at least an hour of uninterrupted time, so I can keep an eye on him...that is very hard to come by.

When Nikki was young she'd sleep for a couple hours then run around for ten minutes and repeat the cycle. Ted used to sleep about 21 hours a day, but the outside time he was very active, especially for a bunny that was over 11 years old.

Back