Is my rabbit actually a Holland Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayDai

Reaction score
So backstory is the breeder I got Daisy from told me she was a Holland Lop. Every since she was a baby her ears never really went down, she usually keeps one ear up, one ear down. I assumes it might just be that she has airplane ears but I'm unsure, she never keeps her ears in any sort of place but she has a lot more control over her ears than I have ever seen in any other bunny. I added pictures of her below including one with her ears down completely. Is there any sure way of knowing her breed without taking her to the vet? Also I was curious what people call the color she is/ the pattern she has! Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• adventourous bunny.jpg
    adventourous bunny.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 13
  • intrested daisy.jpg
    intrested daisy.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 13
  • more snow.jpg
    more snow.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 13
  • lopped ears.jpg
    lopped ears.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 12
  • daisy in the snow.jpg
    daisy in the snow.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 11
Daisy is probably part Holland lop, but there is also most likely another breed mixed in! True Hollands will have a stockier look, and a flat forehead/muzzle, etc. Daisy has more of a pointed face, and like you say, lots of ear control. She may be a full Holland in the sense that her parents were both Hollands, but somewhere in her line of genetics there is different breeds- or else just poorly typed pet quality 'Hollands'.
Her color is a "tri-color" meaning she is a harlequin with the addition of the broken gene!
Super cute bunny!

Daisy is probably part Holland lop, but there is also most likely another breed mixed in! True Hollands will have a stockier look, and a flat forehead/muzzle, etc. Daisy has more of a pointed face, and like you say, lots of ear control. She may be a full Holland in the sense that her parents were both Hollands, but somewhere in her line of genetics there is different breeds- or else just poorly typed pet quality 'Hollands'.
Her color is a "tri-color" meaning she is a harlequin with the addition of the broken gene!
Super cute bunny!
That's awesome! one of my favorite breeds of bunnies are harlequin! Hopefully one of these days I will find out what she's mixed with but thank you for your info!

i had a breeder give me a pure bred holland... so i thought! turns out she is a mini lop holland lop cross, you can tell because her ears arent as spoon shaped and her muzzle is more pointer than my other hollands... i would definatly say she is a mix, but she sure is cute! :)

Latest posts

Back