is my rabbit a english lop, french lop ect.?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaityMac

Reaction score
my rabbit is around 7-11 pounds and ischinchilla colored and has a *shovelhead* and lop ears. i look at himfrom the front and i noticed that his forehead is wider thanother lop esred rabbit breeds. what kind of lop eared rabbit is he??

well. . .english lops are easy to tell because of the ears. . . does he have long ears like this:

100_0631-1.jpg

You'd probably know right away if it was anEnglish lop because of it's long, long, long ears. I don't know allthat much about French Lops, but it sounds like that it's probably aFrench Lop. Is your rabbit purebred, or just one from a pet store orrescue? If it's a pet store or rescue, it'll probably be some form of acrossbred lop thingy. Anyway, a picture would be helpful. :D

English Lop:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15888&forum_id=18

French Lop:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15889&forum_id=18

Rachel.

Sorry to kidnap your thread CaityMac, but I also have the same question!

What kind of lop is my Camo? Thanks for a reply - and sorry CaityMac! :bouquet:

4cd0leb.jpg

Hmm ... Perhaps a Mini or Holland Lop? Dwarf?How big is the rabbit? (The picture makes the bunny look bigger than itprobably is). Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but it's not a EnglishLop, and it's not a French Lop. :D I know that she's cute though:inlove:

Rachel.

Also, need to know if you live in the U.S. or inthe U.K. They are called different things for thesame type.

In the U.S. you have a Holland Lop, I think it is called Minature Lop in the U.K.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Also, need to know if you live in the U.S. or in theU.K. They are called different things for the sametype.

In the U.S. you have a Holland Lop, I think it is called Minature Lop in the U.K.

Sharon

Oh, I'm in the U.S.

He's probably about 5 lbs. I'm not sure. He's not huge.

I'm guessing Holland?

i would say a holland

his color is a tort, and that isn't something that that mini lop worldsees very often, in fact they are rather rare, but a tort holland lopis as common as a dairy farm having cows (but no matter how common theyare, the tort color is still one of my personal favs. . .)

Back