Is my girl pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura0709

Reaction score
My bunny had aggressive behavior patterns the past couple of weeks, but yesterday, she started being all friendly again. She was following me around, letting me love on her. She started pulling her fur later in the day and then went to her cage and stayed in there part of the evening.

I got her on March 18th from a neighbor who had several rabbits. Not sure when and if she might have mated, but she was penned with another male and female.

I have made a nesting box for her, just in case. Just wondering how a female acts before giving birth and what to watch for. Thanks!

the pulling fur is a huge sign, but it could also be a false pregnancy. when our bun gets pregnant, she only lets girls get near her. she's my boyfriend's bun but when she's pregnant she loves me more. she lets me pet her and pick her up and stuff, and if he's lucky, my boyfriend MAYBE gets to pet her with the back of his hand...

I would leave the nestbox in with her until Friday, the 22nd. If nothing, it was probably a false pregnancy. But if something, she will deliver them within that time frame if you got her on the 18th. :)

If she is pregnant and already pulling fur, it would be most likely that she'd kindle within 48 hours.

Thanks! She hasn't been pulling as much fur the past couple of days. Her behavior changed 4 days ago. She is extremely lovable and running around. She won't get in the nesting box. I have a fleece blanket and hay in her cage. Just keeping an eye on her. Appreciate your help!

Back