Is my bun on the mend?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassidyfare

Reaction score
I posted earlier today about how I was worried about my buns not drinking a lot of water or eating pellets, but still behaving pretty normal/active and eating greens and a bit of hay. I cleaned her cage so I could really see how much she was pooping. She did not poop from the time I cleaned her cage up until about an hour ago (almost 12 hours). I had called the vet at about the 6 hour point, and they said to come in first thing tomorrow if she still hadn’t pooped, but said it was a good sign she was still active and eating. All day I watched her, fed her wet romaine and fresh hay, massaged her belly periodically, and kept her moving. She’s now finally pooping, but they are small and misshapen. I know poops like that can be a sign of GI stasis. It seems like each time she poops they get a little bigger. I still haven’t seen her drink water, but she is eating much more hay. I’m wondering if she could be getting better though since she went so long without pooping, and now finally is? If maybe the poops will go back to normal? Has anyone experienced this before?

I posted earlier today about how I was worried about my buns not drinking a lot of water or eating pellets, but still behaving pretty normal/active and eating greens and a bit of hay. I cleaned her cage so I could really see how much she was pooping. She did not poop from the time I cleaned her cage up until about an hour ago (almost 12 hours). I had called the vet at about the 6 hour point, and they said to come in first thing tomorrow if she still hadn’t pooped, but said it was a good sign she was still active and eating. All day I watched her, fed her wet romaine and fresh hay, massaged her belly periodically, and kept her moving. She’s now finally pooping, but they are small and misshapen. I know poops like that can be a sign of GI stasis. It seems like each time she poops they get a little bigger. I still haven’t seen her drink water, but she is eating much more hay. I’m wondering if she could be getting better though since she went so long without pooping, and now finally is? If maybe the poops will go back to normal? Has anyone experienced this before?
She's pooping and her poos get bigger that is a very good sign, also good that she eats especially hay, keep offering her romaine soaked in water, she gets water from it even if she doesn't drink her water. Watch her, from your description she's getting better, her poos should get back to normal in a couple days if she will eat hay and romaine and she will start drinking as well. Keep us updated hope she'll be alright

She's pooping and her poos get bigger that is a very good sign, also good that she eats especially hay, keep offering her romaine soaked in water, she gets water from it even if she doesn't drink her water. Watch her, from your description she's getting better, her poos should get back to normal in a couple days if she will eat hay and romaine and she will start drinking as well. Keep us updated hope she'll be alright
She is all better!! The following day her poops were back to normal size, but she still wasn’t pooping as much as usual, but enough to make me feel at ease. I kept with the same routine- lots of hay and water soaked romaine. By that night she was back to lots of poops and drinking lots of water. Yesterday was her first back to normal day. She’s been drinking lots of water, pooping normal amounts, and eating TONS of hay. I’m so happy and relieved!! We are going to the vet tomorrow just to do a little check just in case, and a nail trim while we are at it. Thank you so much for everyone’s help :) Peaches thanks you too!!

Latest posts

Back