Is My Bun Neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow-Moon

Reaction score
The Pet store I purchased Bookworm insisted mybun had been neutered but how do I find out for sure? Isthere some way I can tell myself? He was born last week ofDec. 2004 and now is mid May 2005. I really can't feel anynuts on him... would they be really small at this age? Hewon't let me turn him upside down to let me actually see his rear endyet.

I can't get pet insurance for 60 days after I purchased him, so I haveto wait another month before I can afford to take him to the vet for acheckup. Though, he seems to be in great health.... ThankGoodness!

Thanks Much!

Sheri (and Bookworm)

Hey Shari & Bookworm!Welcome! I am not an expert, at all, but I can tell you aboutmy male bun. I just had him neutered 8 days ago, right afterhis testicles dropped. The scars are small (the incisions areabout a half an inch long on each testicle). It looks asthough he still has his scrotal sacs (sorry I don't know the actualjargon). However, they just look shrunken (empty so tospeak). His fur is growing in around the scars and I thinksoon I won't even be able to see his testicles (or what is left ofthem). So, all in all, I think when a male is neutered theydon't snip off his testicles, I believe they make an incision on eachtesticle and work their magic. I don't think that helped, butwe all LOVE to talk about our buns ;)

Hugs!

Shorty, Star & Kricket

Well if Bookworm still has his nuts, they areabout the size of peas... if not smaller. He definately hassomething there, but it is probably just his sacks. When Ifirst held him I thought he was a girl since he didn't have anythingthere.

I will ask the vet to check him when I take him to the vet, but I think I don't have to worry so much about it now. :)

He still runs rings around me when I am sitting on his level.He will even try to force himself between me and the wall if I don'tleave room for him to run laps! Grin...

I have it set up that he can get from his cage to my bed withoutgetting on the floor (which he REALLY wants to do). He runsfrom his cage over my easy chair onto the bed and binks and circles meand then runs back to his cage, scrambles to a stop and startsagain. LOL!

Thanks for the info guys!

Sheri ( and Bookworm)

Latest posts

Back