is my bun having fun, or getting mad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlzilla

Reaction score
sometimes my bunny confuses me and i'm not sure if he's enjoying the game i'm playing with him, or getting angry with me.

for example, tonight i decided to see what he would do when i got my scarf and held one end and tossed the other end in his direction. i noticed that he leapt in the air and shook his head, almost like a binky, but he also grunted at the same time! i can always tell when he's a bit ticked off because he gets this annoyed flash in his eyes and he had that, but he was shaking his head and leaping around like he was binky-ing at the same time. i tossed it over to him a few more times and he kept doing the same thing - grunting while leaping in the air and head shaking. he didn't try to box or punch the scarf, but he did try to chew it.i wasn't sure if he was enjoying the game or getting annoyed, or a bit of both. he's neutered, so he's not flirting with me when he grunts (like he used to before he was neutered).

if it's a game he enjoys then obviously i'd like to keep playing it with him, but if it's upsetting him then naturally i don't want him to be upset. i guess if he was upset he would run away to his little ferplast bed like he does when he's had enough.

does anyone else have a bun that leaps and head shakes while grunting at the same time?

I don't know the answer, but my bunny sends me mixed messages too. You know how they'll flick their feet at you when they're mad? She does that whenever I let her out of her cage, something she obviously enjoys! It's so confusing!

Hahaha, whenever I put toys onto Wesley's towel, he throws them off, like stay off my towel! But it looks like he's having fun tossing all of those toys in the air.

So hard to tell.

It could be that your bun thought this was another animal or some kind of threat? Not sure.

Bo acts almost ticked off when he throws his jingle bell barrel at us or hands it to us. However, he's having fun. I think it's a game of "look at the wild and mean bunny" so they get that annoyed look and action with the play time.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I think it's a game of "look at the wild and mean bunny" so they get that annoyed look and action with the play time.

LOL for some reason that just totally cracks meup :biggrin2:

my bun is convinced he's the james dean of the rabbit world. rebel without a cause. destructor of anything wire or cane or plastic or rubber or polar fleece or....you get the idea.

We tease the bunnies when they are out playing and say "oooooooo look at da mean bunnyyyyyyyy!" Like we're afraid and they binky and act all silly!

Bo has always played that game and when he is with us and I do it (like on the sofa or if I am on the floor) he acts like he's going to ram me and bite. Then he shakes his ears and binkies as he hops off for me to chase him.

I guess I am the mean bunny cop. :p

lol that's so cute!

most of the time when i try to play chase with my bunny, he gets fed up REALLY quick and realises i am trying to trick him into exercise. he promptly runs off, leaps into his litter tray, and sits there looking puffed out and quite annoyed. he does feet flickies too, it's funny.

fat lazy little poo poo head :)

Latest posts

Back