Is Luna actually a French Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessiesaurus

Tessie
Reaction score
So, When I bought Luna I was told she is a French Lop.

Her mum definitely looked like a French Lop, and to be honest I don't remember her dad, I just remember he was huge. I think they said he was part continental giant. Luna has never grown to be as big as her parents were. - Are some bunnies like, runts? Smaller than the others?

It doesn't matter to me what she is, I love her, and I have no interest in showing her or anything, but I'm curious!

She always seems a bit small to me. Our last vet trip she weighed 8 pounds. As far as I can see that's too big for a mini/dwarf lop and too small for a French lop...
Here are some pictures. I'm sorry they're not great, I've never posed a rabbit before, but I tried my best with her!

Also, sorry, not sure why the pictures come out tiny?

Last edited:
My boy was 8lbs when I first got him at 8 months of age. He seemed to stay that way for forever until he hit a year and a couple of months when he maxed out at 11lbs. They take much longer than smaller rabbits to grow and fill out. How old is your girl. Id say she looks like one. My boy was definitely on the smaller side as his parents were both 15lbs

Oh okay, that's interesting! She's about 9 months old, so maybe it's the same situation...
That's really interesting, thanks everyone!

yeah give her time to grow. Just like large dogs big bunnies need proper time to develop and fill out all the way.

Latest posts

Back