Is jute safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't personally use jute with my buns because it gave basil runny eyes, but the idea for the bag is great so I recommend changing the jute to twine :)

On the label it says jute twine...might just give it a go and see how he gets on. Thanks for the replies.

I think both jute and sisal twine are generally considered safe, as long as their not consuming great quantities of it, but a little nibble here or there won't harm them. I'm more concerned about how long that nice net is going to last with those sharp rabbit teeth :p

One thing I have noticed about natural ropes and twines is you need to sniff them while their still on the spool or wrapped up. I find some companies/brands... something in the process of making it, their ropes/twines smell like petroleum! Which would obviously not be good for the rabbit. When I wanted to find sisal to re-do some cat posts and make bird toys, home depot had a huge selection but only 1 brand, and 1 width in that brand didn't have the chemical stench to it.

I just brought jute to see and it made 2 of my buns eyes water... So I won't be using it but has your bun shown any reactions to it?

Latest posts

Back